ClamAV requiring COMPAT_FREEBSD11

From: Andrea Venturoli <ml_at_netfence.it>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 10:49:11 UTC
Hello.

I build clamav-0.105.1,1 (from quarterly branch) in Poudriere and I've
always used it without problems.

Suddenly last night freshclam started dying on a few machines: it turn
out it prints "bad system call", due to the lack of COMPAT_FREEBSD11 in
the kernel.
Strangely it's been working with those kernels for years.

In any case, I'm trying to find a way out of this: I really wouldn't
want to install a new kernel on a remote machine, considering the
customers might be on the verge of closing for holidays, so I might not
have the chance to go and fix it in case of troubles.
OTOH I can't leave ClamAV without DB updates for weeks, so I'm
investigating if an alternative exists.

Why this requirement?
Is there a way to recompile ClamAV in order to let freshclam work
without this kernel support?

Thanks.

  bye
	av.