Re: Problem building py-cryptography

From: Charlie Li <vishwin_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 02:14:16 UTC
Simon Wright wrote:
> OK, I can do that though it will take a day or two to rebuild
> everything. These are my ssl settings in the two active make.conf for
> poudriere. What would you advise to set there in order to only use
> openssl from base? Or conversely to only use libressl - which is my
> preferred option if/when it builds everything I need?

From Mk/bsd.default-options.mk:
# Possible values: base, openssl, libressl, libressl-devel
Pick one of them and put it in DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=${whatever}. base
uses OpenSSL from the base system, openssl uses security/openssl,
libressl uses security/libressl and libressl-devel uses
security/libressl-devel. Note that all except one are ports.

If you decide to change to another *port* option while you have a pkg
repository with built packages, the rebuild will automatically trigger
since a "new" dependency gets detected. However, when switching from a
port to base, it appears that a dependency is removed. This is why you
cannot mix and match options like you did, especially in a panic.

--
Charlie Li
…nope, still don't have an exit line.