Re: llvm/clang upstream

From: Michał_Górny <mgorny_at_moritz.systems>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 11:37:25 UTC
On Tue, 2021-11-30 at 12:08 +0100, Floyd, Paul wrote:
> Not sure where the best place is to ask this.
>
> Any ideas why llvm seems so incredibly slow in taking FreeBSD patches?
>
> It would be nice to be able to just 'git clone && cmake && make'
> (roughly speaking).

In my opinion, LLVM is an overgrown project whose organization structure
didn't follow.  I don't know about FreeBSD patches specifically
but in general the hardest part is finding someone to approve your
patch.  Many patches rot without a single reply from anyone, and I think
the whole process discourages people from trying.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny