Re: smr inp breaks some jail use cases and panics with i915kms don't switch to the console anymore

From: Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 17:36:07 UTC
On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 09:27:01AM -0800, John Baldwin wrote:
> On 12/14/21 2:14 AM, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> > How do you mean?  Most FreeBSD people, not some random Twitter crowd,
> > want the bell to be on by default, but it's still off.
>
> I don't know that that's true, and I myself am not sure that I want it
> back on by default.  Previously my laptop had a rather annoying beep
> whose volume I couldn't control that I actually prefer to have off
> normally.

Is it still annoying after Warner had fixed the frequency?  In that
unfortunate case, you should probably disable it just for yourself.
Disabling it for everyone by default mutes an important communication
channel which is useful for low-level debugging and troubleshooting.
It is often the only way to understand if machine is working or not.

./danfe