Re: smr inp breaks some jail use cases and panics with i915kms don't switch to the console anymore

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 17:27:01 UTC
On 12/14/21 2:14 AM, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> How do you mean?  Most FreeBSD people, not some random Twitter crowd, want
> the bell to be on by default, but it's still off.

I don't know that that's true, and I myself am not sure that I want it back
on by default.  Previously my laptop had a rather annoying beep whose volume
I couldn't control that I actually prefer to have off normally.  On further
reflection, the beep I was looking for for bad input may actually be an
xscreensaver thing for an invalid character to unlock the screen vs a sysbeep
anyway.

--
John Baldwin