Re: smr inp breaks some jail use cases and panics with i915kms don't switch to the console anymore

From: Emmanuel Vadot <manu_at_bidouilliste.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 11:12:00 UTC
On Tue, 14 Dec 2021 11:05:19 +0000
Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 11:27:07AM +0100, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Dec 2021 10:14:24 +0000 Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> > > I know that I had problemless desktop some 10-5 years ago, okayish
> > > desktop ~three years ago, tolerable experience with 4.16.x DRM bits
> > > and shitty one with current 5.4.x (FWIW, 5.x had been problematic
> > > for me since the beginning, but previously it was fairly easy to
> > > build drm-fbsd12.0-kmod on -CURRENT to avoid regressions, now the
> > > source bases had divered too far enough; it's probably still possible
> > > to patch, but would take longer time).
> >
> > Any PR open for your issues?
>
> At first I was going to say something about such PRs would be closed
> as overcome by events anyways, but I like the change of your tone, so
> I won't. :)

 All those PR that I closed were old and mostly unrelevant anymore.

> I've just ordered a Full HD IPS screen for my laptop so I could play
> modern (well, relatively modern) games, thus I expect I'd be sticking
> my hands into X11 stack deeper.  I'll collect my notes and stories in
> a submittable shape and file them.
>
> > Well this telegram chat is still a community one, I don't see how it
> > makes a difference.
>
> Well, it'a a group of actual FreeBSD users vs. Twitter where random
> people who probably don't even use FreeBSD could see the poll and would
> gladly click on preloaded correct answer.

 Still doesn't change the fact that not a lot of people are there. And
we're back to my point back then during the bikesched, we do not have a
good and reliable way to do poll for FreeBSD users.

> > Also I can't see the poll result.
>
> Hmm, indeed, it does not display results even when viewed via browser,
> that is, unlogged.  OTOH you should really try Telegram, there's nothing
> better right now on the market.
>
> ./danfe

 I manage to see it (and even vote :P) via my phone, I don't use (nor
want to) telegram on my desktops.

--
Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com> <manu@FreeBSD.org>