Re: smr inp breaks some jail use cases and panics with i915kms don't switch to the console anymore

From: Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 11:05:19 UTC
On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 11:27:07AM +0100, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2021 10:14:24 +0000 Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> > I know that I had problemless desktop some 10-5 years ago, okayish
> > desktop ~three years ago, tolerable experience with 4.16.x DRM bits
> > and shitty one with current 5.4.x (FWIW, 5.x had been problematic
> > for me since the beginning, but previously it was fairly easy to
> > build drm-fbsd12.0-kmod on -CURRENT to avoid regressions, now the
> > source bases had divered too far enough; it's probably still possible
> > to patch, but would take longer time).
>
> Any PR open for your issues?

At first I was going to say something about such PRs would be closed
as overcome by events anyways, but I like the change of your tone, so
I won't. :)

I've just ordered a Full HD IPS screen for my laptop so I could play
modern (well, relatively modern) games, thus I expect I'd be sticking
my hands into X11 stack deeper.  I'll collect my notes and stories in
a submittable shape and file them.

> Well this telegram chat is still a community one, I don't see how it
> makes a difference.

Well, it'a a group of actual FreeBSD users vs. Twitter where random
people who probably don't even use FreeBSD could see the poll and would
gladly click on preloaded correct answer.

> Also I can't see the poll result.

Hmm, indeed, it does not display results even when viewed via browser,
that is, unlogged.  OTOH you should really try Telegram, there's nothing
better right now on the market.

./danfe