Re: Terminal Reader and Text User Interface utilities

From: Pau Amma <pauamma_at_gundo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 22:42:44 UTC
On 2023-04-19 21:50, Alfonso Sabato Siciliano wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 at 23:30, Pau Amma <pauamma@gundo.com> wrote:
>
>> Just popping up to say I'll happily be a sounding board and help
>> explain
>> or formalize requirements if needed, but I'm not going to take a more
>> active role in that discussion since I'm not a screenreader user
>> myself.
>
> I'm not a screenreader user myself, too. So I asked for suggestions.
> However to understand the problem is sufficient to run a simple:
> $ dialog --infobox "test" 0 0 | espeak
> or
> $ bsddialog --infobox "test" 0 0 | espeak

Oh, I understand the problem. (Or at least, I think I do.) What I know I
*don't* understand is usability or UX flaws in proposed solutions that
would be obvious to a screenreader user. Hence, I need to take a
backseat unless and until it looks like I'm needed for something.

> Our installer (bsdinstall) is built on TUI dialogs, so to find a
> solution
> for a simple
> TUI utilityfor the PORTS options can be the first step to provide an
> accessible
> (speech) installer.

I got that, yes.

--
#BlackLivesMatter #TransWomenAreWomen #AccessibilityMatters
#StandWithUkrainians