Whazup?

jont at us.ibm.com jont at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 7 20:39:25 GMT 2000

I hope nobody would beat you up, look at you strangely maybe.

Of course if you hunt around lots of it is being attempted in the Linux
space
     - ACL's (ext3 & others)
     - audit (SGI ?)
     - least privilege [kernel 'capabilities' - note the quotes :-]
(transmeta)
     - extended security models [e.g. GFAC, type enforcement, ...]
(several)
     - C2 assurance (US govt)

The weak spot is documentation ...

- JonT

---
Jon Tidswell
Advanced OS Technology Group / Sawmill Linux Project
IBM TJ Watson Research Center 30 Saw Mill River Road, Hawthorne, N.Y. 10532

Email: jont at us.ibm.com   Voice: +1 914 784 7550

Georg Thomas <georg at dtai.com>@cyrus.watson.org on 04/07/2000 04:01:05 PM

Sent by:  owner-trustedbsd-discuss at cyrus.watson.org