New compaq, new radeon id

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 21 00:05:00 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 06:03 am, Pete Carah wrote:
> I have a new compaq (AMD64 Turion) with what is supposedly a mobile
> radeon 9200.   It isn't recognized anywhere (agp, drm, x-server)
> and has an id of 1002 5955.

It seems to be Radeon® Xpress 200M:

http://pciids.sourceforge.net/iii/?i=10025955
http://www.ati.com/products/radeonxpress200/index.html

It is not Mobility Radeon® 9200 (RV280).  I heard it's based on X300
(RV350) but not sure.  FYI, it's codenamed as RS480.  As far as AGP
concerned, can you send me 'pciconf -lv' output?

> I find it interesting that most of the pci infrastructure in the
> machine has a vendor id of 1002; I didn't know that ATI made
> processor chipsets.. (this even includes the usb chips too)

:-)

> I think I can see how to add this to the radeon driver but am not
> totally sure...  I presume it has to be in either agp or drm also?

If you just want 2D, you have to patch xorg-server.  If you want to
experiment on 3D accel, all of the above.  And maybe DRI also.

> I'm having trouble getting a few other things recognized too (TI
> sd/xd/ms reader, and the sound (conexant :-() (and the broadcom
> wireless which I may just replace with an atheros since it is a
> minipci...)

You can use NDISulator for the Broadcom wireless.

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200507201153.49441.jkim

Jung-uk Kim