New compaq, new radeon id

Pete Carah pete at altadena.net
Tue Jul 19 10:03:15 GMT 2005

I have a new compaq (AMD64 Turion) with what is supposedly a mobile
radeon 9200.   It isn't recognized anywhere (agp, drm, x-server)
and has an id of 1002 5955.

I find it interesting that most of the pci infrastructure in the machine
has a vendor id of 1002; I didn't know that ATI made processor chipsets..
(this even includes the usb chips too)

I think I can see how to add this to the radeon driver but am not totally
sure...  I presume it has to be in either agp or drm also?

I'm having trouble getting a few other things recognized too (TI sd/xd/ms
reader, and the sound (conexant :-() (and the broadcom wireless which I may
just replace with an atheros since it is a minipci...)

Conexant is definitely NOT a friend of open-source, (sierra wireless is
worse, though...)

Isn't new hardware wonderful :-)

-- Pete