USB controller error logged when resuming after suspend

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Fri Nov 26 07:50:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 20:46:42 -0600
Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's becoming more well known that the USB stack isn't
> "suspend/resume" safe at this point. Have you tried building your USB
> systems as kernel modules and unloading/loading them via
> /etc/rs.suspend|resume? I used to have luck doing that here, but
> recently that has broken as well (running HEAD).

I'm not so interested in using suspend/resume as a real feature,
but more as a developer to report issues so that in the future we can
perhaps have it working for end-users. Apparently there's lots of
infrastructure work that still needs to be done before it's going to be
reliable unfortunately.

--
Bruce Cran