Panic on connecting external harddrive

Ben Stuyts ben at altesco.nl
Wed Feb 13 09:36:37 PST 2008

Hi,

On 13 Feb 2008, at 03:17, Gary Palmer wrote:

> You might get someone who knows the USB stack to spot a problem if
> you are able to supply a full backtrace with variables and line
> numbers for the functions.  If you feel the need to file a PR, that
> level of information will be required.

I'm trying, but I can't get a crashdump. I have dumpdev in rc.conf set
to my swap partition, and during booting it correctly says it will
dump to that device. My swap is 4 GB and I have 4 GB memory, but doing
the math it should fit.

I tried 'call doadump' from kdb, but that just hangs there
indefinitely. No output, no disk activity. I have to hard-reset the
machine. While searching the mailing lists I found this sometimes
happens, but I found no solution.

> P.S. I am not a USB guru, just trying to help

Thank you!

With kind regards,
Ben