Panic on connecting external harddrive

Gary Palmer gpalmer at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 12 18:17:47 PST 2008

Ben Stuyts wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> On 12 Feb 2008, at 23:13, Gary Palmer wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 07:15:21PM +0100, Ben Stuyts wrote:
>>> I have a consistent panic when I connect a 2.5" LaCie 250 GB drive to
>>> a SuperMicro 6015P-TR. This server is running amd64 with ZFS. Not
>>> being able to connect external harddrives is kind of a show stopper
>>> for putting this server into production.
>>>
>> Has anyone pointed you at
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html
>>

> No, but I've read about it. I can supply a kernel dump if that helps.

Ben,

You might get someone who knows the USB stack to spot a problem if you
are able to supply a full backtrace with variables and line numbers for
the functions.  If you feel the need to file a PR, that level of
information will be required.

Regards,

Gary

P.S. I am not a USB guru, just trying to help