Prism54 USB Wireless Adapters

irchat at free.fr irchat at free.fr
Sun Jan 16 03:24:10 PST 2005

On Sunday 16 January 2005 02:46, Ian Dowse wrote:
> Try removing the USBD_NO_COPY flag from all the transfer setups. I
> happen to have a USB Prism54 device here, and removing that flag
> appears to cause the p54u_int_rx_cb function to get called.

It worked. But I had to disable EHCI support in my kernel, is that a bug in
FreeBSD ? I'm running the 5.3 version, which seems to have support for
interrupt pipes on EHCI controllers.

Testing my driver with or without USBD_NO_COPY and the EHCI makes the interrupt
callback never called. With UHCI and without USBD_NO_COPY, my code fails when
the xfers using the buffers that don't support DMA are submitted.

> As far as I can tell, the USBD_NO_COPY flag should only ever be
> used in conjunction with the usbd_alloc_buffer() function. Normally
> the USB code copies data into a DMA buffer for writes and copies
> it back after reads, but if you have set up your own buffer then
> it is more efficient to access the buffer directly to avoid the
> copying.

Done.
Thanks !
Sebastien