Prism54 USB Wireless Adapters

Ian Dowse iedowse at maths.tcd.ie
Mon Jan 17 18:17:52 PST 2005

In message <1105874647.41ea4ed7f035f at imp6-q.free.fr>, irchat at free.fr writes:
>On Sunday 16 January 2005 02:46, Ian Dowse wrote:
>> Try removing the USBD_NO_COPY flag from all the transfer setups. I
>> happen to have a USB Prism54 device here, and removing that flag
>> appears to cause the p54u_int_rx_cb function to get called.
>
>It worked. But I had to disable EHCI support in my kernel, is that a bug in
>FreeBSD ? I'm running the 5.3 version, which seems to have support for
>interrupt pipes on EHCI controllers.

I see the same thing here - I had been using a UHCI controller
originally, but when I use an EHCI controller I don't see
p54u_int_rx_cb() getting called. Without a protocol analyser it may
be hard to get much more information... The only thing unusual I
could see about the Prism54 driver is that it does a lot of opening
and closing of pipes, so maybe something like that is tickling EHCI
bugs.

>Testing my driver with or without USBD_NO_COPY and the EHCI makes the interrupt
>callback never called. With UHCI and without USBD_NO_COPY, my code fails when
>the xfers using the buffers that don't support DMA are submitted.

Are you saying that something doesn't work with UHCI too? If you
avoid the USBD_NO_COPY flag you shouldn't have to worry about DMA
buffers, since the USB code will handle them itself. Or do you mean
something different?

Ian