Sysinstall for just installing?

Tobias Eriksson tobier at tobier.se
Thu May 27 08:27:13 UTC 2010

I've been thinking a bit about sysinstall.
What do we really want to do with it?
See, the way I use sysinstall is just to install my system, I never use it
after an install, so to me it seems pointless having it on there after I
have my system up and going. Of course this is just me, maybe many out
there use sysinstall daily.

What I'm getting at is that maybe sysinstall should be more tailored to
just installing: make it more straightforward to the user. Start with
setting up the keyboard and language, then maybe the NIC menu as described
in earlier posts, and then move on to partitioning and package installing.

Is it just me that thinks like this, or do you have similar thoughts?

-- Tobias