amd(8) aborting on file server running FBSD 6.3

Marcin Cieslak saper at system.pl
Sun Mar 30 07:20:04 PDT 2008

Lee Damon wrote:

> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  No one has home
> directories right now because this is the main homedir server in the lab.

I have recently updated by 7.0-PRERELEASE box to 7.0-STABLE and amd(8)
has crashed at least twice since then (it was not the case with
7.0-PRE). I am using it only for removable USB devices on my laptop,
therefore it is not used all the time.

My backtrace shows crash in dlopen() in a similar way yours, but I am
not sure whether my debug symbols are right (generated after the crash).

Do you have any certain way to reproduce the problem? amd works fine
most of the time (although seldom used).

--Marcin