lagg(4) and failover

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat Dec 6 13:03:42 PST 2008

On 2008-Dec-05 07:34:21 -0500, "Brian A. Seklecki" <bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com> wrote:
>Well ... name a price for the development; HA L1/L2 is a feature the
>community would gladly sponsor the development of.

net/ifstated covers at least some of this.

>Also, Peter, you should put a page up on the FreeBSD wiki with some of
>those multi-catalyst LACP IOS config examples.

This appears to be aimed at Pete French - I'm using stacked Alcatel-Lucent
OS6850's which appear as single switches to LACP.

>P.S., in my experience, system level redundancy/HA with a load balancer
>is almost always less expensive then excessive component-level
>redundancy/ha (RAID Disk, RAID RAM, Dual Power Supplies, Dual
>Backplanes...)

That's a different topic, but yes, you should evaluate your
requirements at a system level, rather than just making every
component HA.

--
Peter Jeremy