lagg(4) and failover

Brian A. Seklecki bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com
Mon Dec 8 06:36:26 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-07 at 08:03 +1100, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2008-Dec-05 07:34:21 -0500, "Brian A. Seklecki"
> <bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com> wrote:
> >Well ... name a price for the development; HA L1/L2 is a feature the
> >community would gladly sponsor the development of.
>
> net/ifstated covers at least some of this.

I was thinking something like a heartbeat protocol could work well w/o
LACP hacking on mid-range switches.

I think that's how Dell does it with the RHEL crap for Broadcom.

Send multicast packets on both an active/standby link.  If either node
discontinues to see the others packets, some admin-configurable logic
promotes (Metric/Bias/Weighting).

~BAS

--
Brian A. Seklecki <bseklecki at collaborativefusion.com>