upgrade 6.2 to xorg 7.2

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Jun 8 18:06:10 UTC 2007

On Jun 8, 2007, at 10:41 AM, Stephen Clark wrote:
> There is a deadly embrace.
>
> The /usr/src/UPDATING says I am going to miss out if I
> don't have the meta port installed (which I currently don't), but
> when I try to install
> the meta port it tells me I should use portupgrade to upgrade Xorg,
> but the /usr/src/UPDATING
> which talks about using portupgrade says I am going to miss out if
> I don't have the meta
> port installed (which I currently don't), but when I try to install
> the meta port it tells me I
> should use portupgrade to upgrade Xorg, but.... ad infinitum!

Read the 20070519 entry carefully, and follow the instructions, in
the order presented, carefully.  If they don't work, you should use
script or nohup to save the error messages to a logfile which you
quote in followup emails so we can take a look.

In order words, you should start with:

    portupgrade -f -o ports-mgmt/portupgrade-devel portupgrade

--
-Chuck