Filesystem corruption and bad perfomance with SRCS16 and PAE ( raid 5 2TB)

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Feb 7 09:59:13 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 19:23, Artem Kuchin wrote:
> FreeBSD/amd64 is a very young platform on FreeBSD. While the core FreeBSD
> kernel and base system components are generally fairly robust, there are
> likely to still be rough edges, particularly with third party packages."
>
> scares me. Do you really think it is better than PAE?

PAE is quite young as well, I think it was committed to the tree around March
2003. The earliest AMD64 commit I could find was May 2003 although repo
copying makes it confusing..

I think you'll find the list of drivers incompatible with PAE to be much
longer with amd64.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum