Adding RAID

Norman Uittenbogaart norman at webminded.nl
Tue Oct 12 07:43:14 PDT 2004

We had problems with our RAID adapter at installation it was a Promise
TX2Plus.
But we needed the server online, so it is now running without RAID.
What would be the procedure for adding a RAID card?
Would it just be running from a live disc making the RAID config on one
disc, copy the information from the now running, adjusting fstab and let
it rebuild?
Also I was more of a linux user so when running from a livedisc are
there special methods to mounting the disc? (with getting write access etc.)

Also we where thinking off a 3ware 8006-2LP, 2-port Serial ATA
150/133/100 controller.(it's a 1U server with 2 hotswappable drives)
Is this controller (well)supported ?

Thank you,

Norman