Is snd_via82c686.ko causing a system hang on 5.3-BETA7?

Jesper Wallin jesper at hackunite.net
Tue Oct 12 07:47:35 PDT 2004

Hello..

As everyone else, I can't wait to run 5.3-STABLE, so I decided to install the BETA7, in
order to get my sound working without compiling my kernel, I simply loaded the
/boot/kernel/snd_via82c686.ko module as well as the /boot/kernel/sound.ko module.. Sure,
I got sound and they work flawless, then, when I tried to unload them, I did a simple
"kldunload snd_via82c686" and I get an error that the device is busy even if I'm not
using it, then if I try again, the whole system hangs.. Can anyone else who uses that
driver test this for me to make sure it's not my hardware.

Best regards,
Jesper Wallin