NEWBIE: how-to for feeding file to gnomealyzer.sh?

David Armour dfarmour at myrealbox.com
Fri Sep 23 21:40:35 PDT 2005

hello greg,

thanks for your response.

<snip>

> In a couple of cases where I had issues like this with gnome
> installation (and the XML-Parser thing sounds awfully
> familiar), I think I found that it was most efficient to do

the gnome faq, as well as the information that the gnomelogalyzer
puts out, seems to suggest portupgrading -a as a front line of
defence. sadly, this approach seems to conflict with
the /usr/ports/UPDATING, esp. wrt KDE, at least as far as i
understand it. YMMV, & YMNEGTCS...  (you may not even get the
car started.) etc., etc.

> gnome very much depends on other things being up to date
> though. Modify to suit your port management habits.

well, yes. in a moment of hubris, i went ahead and portupgraded
the cups-base port, thinking that a long time ago, in a galaxy
far far away, i was also looking to get a second-hand
laserprinter working with cups.... [up-music: theme from jaws?]

> Note that my recipe will have you using perl5.8 during the
> gnome upgrade. The tip on using 5.6.2 instead might be another

i seem to recall a perl something or other flashing by on one of
those root terminal screens. how does one preserve the
information on those screensful?

it's clunking away on something to do with koffice at the moment.
--
= df(dave)armour<at>myrealbox<dought>calm! =