NEWBIE: how-to for feeding file to gnomealyzer.sh?

David Armour dfarmour at myrealbox.com
Fri Sep 23 21:27:09 PDT 2005

On Thursday 22 September 2005 22:18, Peter Clutton wrote:
> On 9/22/05, David Armour <dfarmour at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> > i was trying to install the plugger-plugins-hubbe port as a
> > i have the directed output file (make_failure_file),
> > gnomelogalyzer.sh, and pages of non-helpful googled info.
> > When you've run it, would you let us know the outcome? I had
> same error messages multiple times trying to installing gnome,
> stuff bout XML Parser script configure failed unexpextedly. I

thanks for your response. here's the result when i ran the
logalyzer script:
===================
Generating build log. Please wait... done.

The cause of your build failure is not known to nomelogalyzer.sh.
Before e-mailing the build log to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
freebsd-gnome at FreeBSD.org,
TRY EACH OF THE FOLLOWING:

  * If you are generating your own logfile, make sure to generate
it with something similar to:
          "make 2>&1 | tee /path/to/logfile" (sh/bash/ksh/zsh) or
          "make |& tee /path/to/logfile" (csh/tcsh)
        * Make sure your cvsup(1) configuration file specifies
the 'ports-all' collection
        * Run cvsup(1) and attempt the build again
        * Check /usr/ports/UPDATING for information pertinent to
your build failure
        * 99% of the commonly reported build failures can be
solved by running "portupgrade -a"
        * Read the FAQs at http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/
        * Search the archives of freebsd-gnome at FreeBSD.org.
Archives can be searched at
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/

If you have not performed each of the above suggestions, don't
bother asking for help.  The chances are good that you'll simply
be told to perform one of the aforementioned steps.

the key phrase here -- The cause of your build failure is not
known to nomelogalyzer.sh. -- prompted me to run down the list
looking for something/anything that i a) understood, and b)
could implement. the first thing that met these criteria was
running cvsup again, and i'm midst of running portupgrade on a
cups-base port at the moment. i'm not sure that that was such a
wise decision since the box has been chunking away now for
several hours.

hope this helps. i *have* successfully upgraded an xterm, opera,
and firefox port before my own native hubris perhaps unwisely
convinced me to attempt the cups-base upgrade. but as far as
getting around to the plugger-plugins-hubbe port upgrade which
was the nominal reason for getting into this in the first place,
well, the jury's still out, at this point.
--
= df(dave)armour<at>myrealbox<dought>calm! =