rebuilding kernel 6.0beta4 for amd64

Graham North northg at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 13 22:07:23 PDT 2005

I'm still almost at newbie status so please forgive naive  questions but
if the FreeBSD development team has written some SIS drivers to support
the 965 chipset shouldn't it be possible to re-compile for earlier (ie
stable) versions instead of 6.0 beta?
Do these kind of patches not get made available through cvsup?  If not,
are they still not made available for download so that we can compile
into our earlier kernels?
Presumably it wouldn't be too difficult to inject some small changes and
new source codes into an an older ISO package and re-burn to a new
cd..using the Windows box.
Again, I am new to this so please don't flame me if I am missing some
fundamentals here and overlooking some critical boogeymen.

Graham/

--
Kindness can be infectious - try it.

Graham North