Thanks a lot!!!

Will Maier willmaier at ml1.net
Sun Sep 11 00:51:39 PDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 11:21:17PM -0700, rolan herreria wrote:
> We are just worrying about the BSA RAID
> (http://www.bsa.org/philippines/events/Anti-Piracy-Team.cfm). We
> like to change our OS but not that expensive like Microsoft OS...
> The amount of MS WinXP Pro here is Php9400.00 and we have  10 PC's
> so we nid Php94,000.00...Those games that we want to run are
> Ragnarok, Counterstrike, Warcraft Frozenthrone III. Doom3 and any
> Online Games...

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but it sounds like you run
an internet/gaming cafe. The computers currently run Windows, and
you want a free operating system to replace it.

FreeBSD would be a fine choice, especially if most of your customers
want to surf the web or word process. 3D gaming is also possible,
but it takes a little bit of work.

Personally, I run my games on Linux (Ubuntu, in particular); FreeBSD
runs on my servers and work laptop. There are folks who use at least
some of the games you mentioned above on FreeBSD; hopefully they'll
chime in.

--

| jabber:..wcmaier at jabber.ccc.de | email:..........wcmaier at ml1.net |