hi list

Miguel Cárdenas mfcardenas at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Sep 9 08:26:08 PDT 2005

hello

go to http://www.mysql.com and download the sources (4.1) and in the FreeBSD
section in downloads take a look at FreeBSD downloads (platform notes), click
on platform notes.

basicly, the only difference with compilation under FreeBSD is the way you
configure the makefiles and environment variables:

CC=gcc CFLAGS="-O2 -fno-strength-reduce" \
    CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O2 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions \
    -felide-constructors -fno-strength-reduce" \

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --enable-assembler

gmake
gmake install

these are just the differences, you MUST follow ALL STEPS in the README and
INSTALL-SOURCE guides, just use the environment variables I included and the
parameters to the ./configure, otherwise the compilation WILL FAIL.

I installed it from source and works fine, but the special setup for FreeBSD
gave me a terrible headache.