Stupid working too late..

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Thu Sep 8 21:02:55 PDT 2005

OK

Here is what I did before i packed up - having been working late

just changed ownerships of files in a virtual web

chown -R www ./*

fine

folllowed by change of group with the dreaded typo of:

chown -R www /*
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops

fortunately hit crt c pretty damn quick but some damage was done.

While I limited the damage I wanted to double check which of the standard os
file hierarchies are meant to be in group "operator" and also owned by root.
That seems to be the only   doubt I have the rest was easily recovered.

Any help appreciated

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.