Porting from LInux to FreeBSD

Deepak Naidu deepak_nai at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 02:47:00 PDT 2005

Hi,
   I am trying to migrate my mail servers from Fedora
core 3 to FreeBSD 5.4, due to performance issue.  Had
few questions.

1)Which is the suitable filesystem ie UFS2, Ext2
etc...
for mailing server. I used raiserfs in linux.  Which
File System's are supported in FreeBSD 5.4 and which
is stable for mailing system.  How do i enable them in
kernel.

2)How to i find memory, cpu information in freebsd,
apart from TOP. In linux we have free and
/pro/cpuinfo.  I dont see any files under /proc

3) Is SMP support enabled in FreeBSD 5.4, or should I
recompile the kernel for the support(what kernel
arguments should I use).

Regards,
Deepak Naidu.