i get stuck installing kernel

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Mon Oct 24 15:27:49 PDT 2005

On Oct 24, 2005, at 5:18 PM, Linnea Forslund wrote:
> There is a message asking
> "running multiuser, assume network has already been configured?" I say
> yes, since I don't know what it's about. Then it waits for a looong
> time saying it's logging in, but it doesn't connect.
>
> What have I done wrong? What can I do? I have two more days to fix
> everything... please help!

Is this machine connected to a working internet connection?  The
dialog you are talking about has noticed that your computer is not
running in single-user mode, but rather in multi-user mode.
Typically, systems running multi-user are configured for network and/
or internet access.

Make sure the machine is connected to the internet.