i get stuck installing kernel

Linnea Forslund supermoccine at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:18:28 PDT 2005

So I learned that in order to fix direct rendering to run mixxx, as
I've been asking about before, I need to fix a driver for my card,
maybe this http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd_1.0-7676.html

And in order to install that i first need to have "kernel source tree
in /usr/src/sys (package 'ssys' installed)" and sinsce I had nothing
in /usr/src/sys I did as it said in
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html
and started sysinstall.

I do this: "choosing Configure, then Distributions, then src, then
sys" And when I chose "ok" to the last one I get back to the previous
and when choosing "ok" to that one again it asks where I wan't to
install it from and I choose ftp and Sweden. There is a message asking
"running multiuser, assume network has already been configured?" I say
yes, since I don't know what it's about. Then it waits for a looong
time saying it's logging in, but it doesn't connect.

What have I done wrong? What can I do? I have two more days to fix
everything... please help!

/Linnea