Removing pre-6.0 libraries

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sat Nov 12 21:01:58 GMT 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:35:51 -0800
Wes Santee <wsantee at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm in the process of completely rebuilding all my installed ports
> (portmanager -u -f).  After that, I'll be removing 'options
> COMPAT_FREEBSD5' from my kernel.
> Is there anything else I'll need to do to make sure I'm not still
> dependent on 5.x libraries?

=-=-=
Information for nvidia-driver-1.0.7676_1:

Depends on:
Dependency: localedata-5.4
Dependency: linux_base-8-8.0_9
Dependency: linux-expat-1.95.5_3
Dependency: linux-fontconfig-2.2.3_1
Dependency: linux-XFree86-libs-4.3.99.902_4
Dependency: compat5x-i386-5.4.0.8
=-=-=

And this is just one example. So, afaik, you can't be sure you don't
need compat5x Maybe it's not a bad idea to leave the compat5x option
alone (?).

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 6.0