Removing pre-6.0 libraries

Wes Santee wsantee at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 00:15:15 GMT 2005

dick hoogendijk wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:35:51 -0800
>Wes Santee <wsantee at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm in the process of completely rebuilding all my installed ports
>>(portmanager -u -f).  After that, I'll be removing 'options
>>COMPAT_FREEBSD5' from my kernel.
>>Is there anything else I'll need to do to make sure I'm not still
>>dependent on 5.x libraries?
>>

>[snip example]
>
>And this is just one example. So, afaik, you can't be sure you don't
>need compat5x Maybe it's not a bad idea to leave the compat5x option
>alone (?).

Looks like my attempt to be concise ending up being too terse. :)  I
have no software on my system that I cannot rebuild from sources.  If I
were to acquire such software, I'd rather have to add the compat libs as
as port (and re-add the options flag to the kernel) then have them as
legacy libs hanging around after an upgrade.

That does give me an idea, however.  I can probably use the contents of
the compat5 port to find out what libs are specific to that version.

Cheers,
-Wes