Seagate HD not detected by FreeBSD

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sun May 29 09:56:19 PDT 2005

On Sunday 29 May 2005 09:51,  the author donald szatkowski contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: Seagate HD not detected by FreeBSD:

>Did Vizion (Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com>) solve the "TOP POSTING" on
>debian-question at debian.org or has this been the new area of operation? This
>individual has been hitting the lists HEAVY! Little problem solving, much
>posturing.

 Yeah I noticed there seemed to be greater vehemence than strength of reason
in his dialogue :-). But I guess we all get to be human!! I did see the
debian debacle and the out of date installation guide on Joseph's website!

>As for the hard drive. I have found the Seagate drives to be MOST sensitve
> to their position on the IDE chain. As suggested, place the drive as master
> and attach to the END of the cable and try again.The other area to consider
> is the Seagate drive REALLY likes to be formatted with Seagate software.
> This is available at Seagate's web site, free for the download. Also, I
> know you have been very carfull not to disconnect the drive from the cable
> when the motherboard is powered. That will FRY the drive internals (I have
> never done that and hope I never will again!) That should do the trick!.

I made a really stupid mistake on this thread -- however no harm done -- one
needs to be humbled from time to time - its good for the soul - and too much
pride can be dangerous <grinz>

david
> Good Luck!
>
>Don

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.