Seagate HD not detected by FreeBSD

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sun May 29 10:14:51 PDT 2005

On Sunday 29 May 2005 09:51,  the author Vizion contributed to the dialogue
on-
 Re: Seagate HD not detected by FreeBSD:

>On Sunday 29 May 2005 09:51,  the author donald szatkowski contributed to
> the dialogue on-
>
> Re: Seagate HD not detected by FreeBSD:
>>Did Vizion (Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com>) solve the "TOP POSTING"
>> on debian-question at debian.org or has this been the new area of operation?
Meant to say I also saw the same sort of aggresive language from him not only
on debian (which I do not contribute to but analyze) but also quite a number
of other lists. I mean he, like everyone else, is entitled to his views - and
at the last resort I would even sympathize with an occasional light-hearted
cocking of a snook against the rules . However I do feel, while I am old
enough and ugly enough to chuckle at personal attacks, I am concerned about
their effect on other contributors.
>> This individual has been hitting the lists HEAVY! Little problem solving,
>> much posturing.
It seems strange but Joseph's postings seems to work up a theme suggesting
that top posting is somehow connected with windows users and bottom posting
with supposedly elitist Unix freaks!

> Yeah I noticed there seemed to be greater vehemence than strength of reason
>in his dialogue :-). But I guess we all get to be human!! I did see the
>debian debacle and the out of date installation guide on Joseph's website!
>
>>As for the hard drive. I have found the Seagate drives to be MOST sensitve
>> to their position on the IDE chain. As suggested, place the drive as
>> master and attach to the END of the cable and try again.The other area to
>> consider is the Seagate drive REALLY likes to be formatted with Seagate
>> software. This is available at Seagate's web site, free for the download.
>> Also, I know you have been very carfull not to disconnect the drive from
>> the cable when the motherboard is powered. That will FRY the drive
>> internals (I have never done that and hope I never will again!) That
>> should do the trick!.
>
>I made a really stupid mistake on this thread -- however no harm done -- one
>needs to be humbled from time to time - its good for the soul - and too much
>pride can be dangerous <grinz>
>
>david
>
>> Good Luck!
>>
>>Don

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.