Seagate HD not detected by FreeBSD

donald szatkowski delta.ski at verizon.net
Sun May 29 09:45:31 PDT 2005

Did Vizion (Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com>) solve the "TOP POSTING" on
debian-question at debian.org or has this been the new area of operation? This
individual has been hitting the lists HEAVY! Little problem solving, much
posturing.

As for the hard drive. I have found the Seagate drives to be MOST sensitve to
their position on the IDE chain. As suggested, place the drive as master and
attach to the END of the cable and try again.The other area to consider is
the Seagate drive REALLY likes to be formatted with Seagate software. This is
available at Seagate's web site, free for the download. Also, I know you have
been very carfull not to disconnect the drive from the cable when the
motherboard is powered. That will FRY the drive internals (I have never done
that and hope I never will again!) That should do the trick!. Good Luck!

Don