Top Posting (was: [Freebsd 5.4 not finding my NIC])

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Fri May 27 12:21:46 PDT 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 12:09,  the author Dmitry Mityugov contributed to the
dialogue on Re: Freebsd 5.4 not finding my NIC:
>On 5/27/05, Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com> wrote:
>> On Friday 27 May 2005 11:18,  the author Dmitry Mityugov contributed to
>> the
>>
>> dialogue on Re: Freebsd 5.4 not finding my NIC:
>> >
>> >This is not a newsgroup.
>> >Yes, please.
>>
>> this is a mail list -- not a private communication
>> This is not a file in which the latest letter gets pinned to the top!!!
>> Please do not bring habits from the paper world to the electronic world!
>
>Please don't ask me to invent my own habits my friend. Most of them
>have been inspired by other people, and for good reasons.
>
>> Netiquette is consideration for others
>
>It is always good to Google for an item before referring someone else to it.
I dont agree with that -- otherwise I would google everything I wrote!!

>> think of how easy it is to read -
>>
>> See how people can, with bottom posting, see the sequence of events ..
>> and therefore understand what you say.
>> If you come to a mail list, like this, and want help then those who might
>> be otherwise be willing to help might be discouraged and  ignore you.
>> Forcing people to read your stuff out of sequence is really quite rude. .
>> ,
>> Think about long paragraphs
>> Think about reading the output from mail list threads and then responding
>> to it..
>> Top posting is really inconsiderate and shows lack of experience
>
>I don't agree with this. Please, don't ask me why.

Dont need to know -- but I appreciate your relevant interjection :-)

>> Think about the effect of long paragraphs and then having to move
>> backwards and forwards and you read one paragraph downwards and then are
>> foprced to move upwards to read the subsequent posting....
>> Tha means scanning and rescanning.
>> Top posting  is neither sensible or practicable for the reader.
>> I learnt from those who showed me when I started using email well before
>> the internet began.
>> Take care
>
>N/P.
>
>I read what Greg just posted here... If this is indeed how you live -
>well, I'll follow that.
I dont know what Greg posted
Take care
David

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May bound for Europe via Panama Canal.