Freebsd 5.4 not finding my NIC

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:09:18 PDT 2005

On 5/27/05, Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 27 May 2005 11:18,  the author Dmitry Mityugov contributed to the
> dialogue on Re: Freebsd 5.4 not finding my NIC:
> >On 5/27/05, Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com> wrote:
> >> thread
> >> this
> >> post
> >> top
> >> not
> >> do
> >> Please :-):-) (I have moved your input to bottom!) - it is easier to
> >
> >This is not a newsgroup.
> >Yes, please.
> this is a mail list -- not a private communication
> This is not a file in which the latest letter gets pinned to the top!!!
> Please do not bring habits from the paper world to the electronic world!

Please don't ask me to invent my own habits my friend. Most of them
have been inspired by other people, and for good reasons.

> Netiquette is consideration for others

It is always good to Google for an item before referring someone else to it.

> think of how easy it is to read -
>
> See how people can, with bottom posting, see the sequence of events ..
> and therefore understand what you say.
> If you come to a mail list, like this, and want help then those who might be
> otherwise be willing to help might be discouraged and  ignore you.
> Forcing people to read your stuff out of sequence is really quite rude.
> .
> ,
> Think about long paragraphs
> Think about reading the output from mail list threads and then responding to
> it..
> Top posting is really inconsiderate and shows lack of experience

I don't agree with this. Please, don't ask me why.

> Think about the effect of long paragraphs and then having to move backwards
> and forwards and you read one paragraph downwards and then are foprced to
> move upwards to read the subsequent posting....
> Tha means scanning and rescanning.
> Top posting  is neither sensible or practicable for the reader.
> I learnt from those who showed me when I started using email well before the
> internet began.
> Take care

N/P.

I read what Greg just posted here... If this is indeed how you live -
well, I'll follow that.

Dmitry