KDE INSALL

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Tue May 17 11:23:42 PDT 2005

jean-paul natola wrote:

> I ran  make install clean for  kde  and after 4 days i *think* I'm
> almost done,,
>
> I am now at a promt for GNU ghostscript drivers and have NO CLUE as to
> what to select , my purpose for the FREEBSD install is to run
> mailscanner  ,  what should I select , if any, for the GNU ghostscritp
> driver selection.

If all you're concerned with is the mailscanner, it doesn't matter at
all what you select here. Just accept the defaults.

However, if all you're concerned with is the mailscanner, why are you
installing KDE at all? Typical mail scanning software doesn't need KDE,
and it sounds like you have a machine that is too slow anyway to run KDE
in any usable manner (if 'make install' is still not done after 4 days).

> PS ;  any reason I would be unable to post from legitimate work email?

Do you get an error message back when you try to post? I understand that
FreeBSD.org's mail server only accepts messages from hosts that have
proper reverse DNS defined. This may be your problem, or it may be
something else :)