KDE INSALL

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Tue May 17 11:17:33 PDT 2005

On 5/17/05, jean-paul natola <jnatola at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone, I'm new to freebsd and you have seen my previous post I do
> apologize, but appraretnly I am unable post from my work email-hence the
> hotmail address now.
>
> I ran  make install clean for  kde  and after 4 days i *think* I'm almost
> done,,
>
> I am now at a promt for GNU ghostscript drivers and have NO CLUE as to what
> to select , my purpose for the FREEBSD install is to run mailscanner  ,
> what should I select , if any, for the GNU ghostscritp driver selection.

It's a bit late but....if you are going to be using this box a
mailscanner I would not suggest running KDE or X windows at all on
this box.  It will wate resources at best and open up more security
issues that you will have to track in the long run.  Most people
prefer just install the base system along with the specific software
for the task at hand for most servers (in your case which ever mail
filtering software you will be using).  The joy of unix is being able
to admin. boxen remotely via ssh very easily, so there is really no
need for a full blow gui on a server.

for more info on setting up a mail scanner under FreeBSD I would read
the online documentation carefully.  I will really help you out in the
long run:

http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

> Please excuse my ignorance as this the first time I am installing Freebsd

np welcome :)

> Thanks
>
> PS ;  any reason I would be unable to post from legitimate work email?

not sure with out more info, although willing to be there is an issue
with your corporate MTA.

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~