5.1 -> 5.2 disaster

Michael Clark MClark at Nemschoff.com
Thu Jan 29 14:12:53 PST 2004

Assuming that happened somehow, which is hard to believe because I scripted
the process and have upgraded this machine before, what can be done to fix
it?  Am I on the correct track with using a CD upgrade?

Should I run a dd and force a system from another box onto it?
I dont like the dd option because it requires I take the box offline and
offsite....

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris [mailto:racerx at makeworld.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 3:19 PM
To: Michael Clark; 'freebsd-questions at freebsd.org'
Subject: Re: 5.1 -> 5.2 disaster

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This electronic transmission, including all
attachments, is directed in confidence solely to the person(s) to whom it is
addressed, or an authorized recipient, and may not otherwise be distributed,
copied or disclosed. The contents of the transmission may also be subject to
intellectual property rights and all such rights are expressly claimed and
are not waived. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then
immediately delete this transmission, including all attachments, without
copying, distributing or disclosing same.