pcmcia wireless

Joshua Lokken joshua.lokken at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 10:47:36 PST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:54:15 -0700, yitzchak.lander at us.army.mil
<yitzchak.lander at us.army.mil> wrote:

>   hello,
>
>   i am using the 5.0 dist, and i cant get it to read my pcmcia ethernet
>   card. it is rather old card with a cat-5 connector on it for plugging
>   into my router. it is called ositech trumpcard and it is the jack of
>   dimonds model  the card works because i tried it on the same computer
>   before loading freebsd and i could surf the net with it. is there a
>   driver avaliable for this card or should i go get a wirless one? (i
>   cant find any cabled ones) if i need to get a wireless one, what brand
>   do you recomend? i do have a wirless g router here.

I don't know much about wireless technology or setting it up
on FreeBSD, however, you're likely to be asked "Why 5.0?
It is no longer supported, and is quite old.  Have you got
specific reasons for not going with 5.3, which is the production
release?"  So I'll just get that out of the way.... ;)

--
Joshua Lokken
Open Source Advocate