nvnet port building problem

Bozhidar Batsov lordbad at e-card.bg
Thu Dec 16 22:56:00 PST 2004

Kevin Kinsey wrote:
> Bozhidar Batsov wrote:
>
> > I don't see how cvsup again will help. I did it though hoping that
> > my
> > Makefile might have been corrupted. But I still get the same error
> > output :
> >
> > ===>  Building for nvnet-1.0.0274
> > "Makefile", line 7: Malformed conditional (${OSTYPE} == "FreeBSD")
> > "Makefile", line 7: Need an operator
> > "Makefile", line 13: if-less endif
> > "Makefile", line 13: Need an operator
> > make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> > *** Error code 1
> >

> > I really need some kind of help because I need to the get this damn
> > embedded Cicada ethernet gigabit ethernet operational very soon.
> > Any
> > ideas?
> >
> > Bozhidar
> >

> Are you sure this is the right Makefile?  The "OSTYPE" string
> isn't in the one you posted, which I assume is
> "/usr/ports/net/nvnet/Makefile".
>
> Is there a "work" directory now under /usr/ports/net/nvnet?
> If there is, go into that directory and look for "Makefiles"
> under it and any subdirs that may exist.  This is the port
> build that's failing, not the port Make itself....
>
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Kinsey

Yes, you were right. Here is the real problematic Makefile in the word
subfolder:
.include <Makefile.inc>

.if ${OSTYPE} == "FreeBSD"
.if ${OSVERSION} < 480100 || ${OSVERSION} >= 500000 && ${OSVERSION} <
501000
.include <Makefile.inc>

.if ${OSTYPE} == "FreeBSD"
.if ${OSVERSION} < 480100 || ${OSVERSION} >= 500000 && ${OSVERSION} <
501000
all:
        @echo "Systems prior to FreeBSD 4.9 & 5.1 are not supported"
        @exit 1;
.endif
.endif

.if !exists(${.CURDIR}/../nforce/nvnet)
all:
        @echo "You need to extract the NVIDIA Linux driver source into
${.CURDIR:C/\/[^\/]*$//g}";
        @exit 1;
.endif

afterinstall:
        @echo
        @echo "Installation of the NVIDIA nForce MCP network driver for
FreeBSD is"
        @echo "now compelete. Please update your /etc/rc.conf file as
appropriate; see"
        @echo "the README file for details."
        @echo

.include <bsd.subdir.mk>

It seems intact to me, but I guess it isn't...