nvnet port building problem

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Thu Dec 16 18:25:54 PST 2004

Bozhidar Batsov wrote:

>I don't see how cvsup again will help. I did it though hoping that my
>Makefile might have been corrupted. But I still get the same error
>output :
>
>===>  Building for nvnet-1.0.0274
>"Makefile", line 7: Malformed conditional (${OSTYPE} == "FreeBSD")
>"Makefile", line 7: Need an operator
>"Makefile", line 13: if-less endif
>"Makefile", line 13: Need an operator
>make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>*** Error code 1
>

>I really need some kind of help because I need to the get this damn
>embedded Cicada ethernet gigabit ethernet operational very soon. Any
>ideas?
>
>Bozhidar

Are you sure this is the right Makefile?  The "OSTYPE" string
isn't in the one you posted, which I assume is
"/usr/ports/net/nvnet/Makefile".

Is there a "work" directory now under /usr/ports/net/nvnet?
If there is, go into that directory and look for "Makefiles"
under it and any subdirs that may exist.  This is the port
build that's failing, not the port Make itself....

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey