nvnet port building problem

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Fri Dec 17 08:11:36 PST 2004

Bozhidar Batsov wrote:

>Kevin Kinsey wrote:
>

>>Bozhidar Batsov wrote:
>>

>>>I don't see how cvsup again will help. I did it though hoping that
>>>my
>>>Makefile might have been corrupted. But I still get the same error
>>>output :
>>>
>>>===>  Building for nvnet-1.0.0274
>>>"Makefile", line 7: Malformed conditional (${OSTYPE} == "FreeBSD")
>>>"Makefile", line 7: Need an operator
>>>"Makefile", line 13: if-less endif
>>>"Makefile", line 13: Need an operator
>>>make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
>>>*** Error code 1
>>>

>>>I really need some kind of help because I need to the get this damn
>>>embedded Cicada ethernet gigabit ethernet operational very soon.
>>>Any
>>>ideas?
>>>
>>>Bozhidar
>>>

>>Are you sure this is the right Makefile?  The "OSTYPE" string
>>isn't in the one you posted, which I assume is
>>"/usr/ports/net/nvnet/Makefile".
>>
>>Is there a "work" directory now under /usr/ports/net/nvnet?
>>If there is, go into that directory and look for "Makefiles"
>>under it and any subdirs that may exist.  This is the port
>>build that's failing, not the port Make itself....
>>
>>HTH,
>>
>>Kevin Kinsey
>>

>Yes, you were right. Here is the real problematic Makefile in the word
>subfolder:
>include <Makefile.inc>
>
>if ${OSTYPE} == "FreeBSD"
>if ${OSVERSION} < 480100 || ${OSVERSION} >= 500000 && ${OSVERSION} <
>501000
>include <Makefile.inc>
>
>if ${OSTYPE} == "FreeBSD"
>if ${OSVERSION} < 480100 || ${OSVERSION} >= 500000 && ${OSVERSION} <
>501000
>all:
>        @echo "Systems prior to FreeBSD 4.9 & 5.1 are not supported"
>        @exit 1;
>endif
>endif
>
>if !exists(${.CURDIR}/../nforce/nvnet)
>all:
>        @echo "You need to extract the NVIDIA Linux driver source into
>${.CURDIR:C/\/[^\/]*$//g}";
>        @exit 1;
>endif
>
>afterinstall:
>        @echo
>        @echo "Installation of the NVIDIA nForce MCP network driver for
>FreeBSD is"
>        @echo "now compelete. Please update your /etc/rc.conf file as
>appropriate; see"
>        @echo "the README file for details."
>        @echo
>
>include <bsd.subdir.mk>
>
>It seems intact to me, but I guess it isn't...

No, I'd guess it isn't; notice that it start with about 4
"ifs" but only has 2 "endifs".  I'm not sure why those
first two lines are there at all AAMOF; try the attached
file (move your original for safekeeping and put this
one in the work subdir with the same name as the
original) and let us know what happens.

Kevin Kinsey