bootloader installation

Marco Trillo marcotrillo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 17:45:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Horst Günther Burkhardt III
<horst at sxemacs.org> wrote:
> I'll be damned if I let a few glitches keep between me and my new shiny
> BSD box.
>
> Also, any help I can provide to you is the least I can do for you guys
> making and peddling such an excellent OS.
>
> Anyhow, after that, and using the line that works, we're back to the
> FreeBSD bootstrap loader.
>
> All goes well and then the line :
>
> can't load ´kernel´

That's because the "loading ELF" message is from the OF trying to load
the loader, not from the loader trying to load the kernel.

Can you try booting with the "ultra0" and "ultra1" aliases which I
mentioned in my previous mail, to select one or the other hard disk?
Do a "reset-all" if a boot attempt failed to avoid the "CLAIM failed"
messages.

Thanks,
Marco.