bootloader installation

Horst Günther Burkhardt III horst at sxemacs.org
Tue Oct 7 17:38:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 12:30 -0500, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
> Well, this is why we need a better system (thanks for your persistence).
> I'm assuming you tried several commands, and then that one worked? OF
> sometimes needs you to reboot after a failed boot (reset-all, or hit the
> power button). If you don't, it gets itself into a bad state, and gives
> this message.
> -Nathan

I'll be damned if I let a few glitches keep between me and my new shiny
BSD box.

Also, any help I can provide to you is the least I can do for you guys
making and peddling such an excellent OS.

Anyhow, after that, and using the line that works, we're back to the
FreeBSD bootstrap loader.

All goes well and then the line :

can't load ´kernel´

... and then it drops me into the equivalent of a GrUB shell with the
prompt:

OK _

I'm really not understanding this.

-- Horst.