iMac Bondi 233 and 6.0

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Sun Nov 6 02:10:02 PST 2005

> Well, 7.0-20051105-current.iso worked, so I'll likely try to install
> from that...  I need to tear apart the machine I got and install a
> bigger hard disk first..

  Note that the bmac ethernet driver isn't supported :( I did some work
on this a long while back (the mii interface works fine), but it's a
complicated beast since it relies on the general-purpose DMA engine
provided in the parent macio ASIC.

  I did try an SMC USB ethernet part but that didn't work on first try,
and I didn't spend much time diagnosing it.

> :   The keyboard doesn't work with the debugger that early in the boot
> : since it's USB and hasn't been probed yet. I've thought in the past
> : about modifying syscons so that the PROM could be used until USB is
> : probed, but it's not pretty. However, it does allow 'boot -d' and
> : diagnosis for these types of panics.
>
> Yea.  That would be cool.

  I'll dig up some patches.

later,